MIST is an annual tournament for high school-aged youth with competitions in the arts, sports, and academics. I served as the head of marketing for each tournament, with additional responsibilities including securing venues, organizing sports tournaments, assisting with competitor registration, signing contracts, soliciting patrons and donors, and serving as a point of contact for international travel.
CONTINENTAL CONFERENCE (2012)
I served as the Conference Chairman in 2012, where I led a small team to organize a series of lectures, presentations, and activities. We attracted over 2,000 participants to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC, with a lineup of over a dozen speakers, three days packed with sessions, and $70,000 raised in our annual fundraiser.
RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN CONCERT (2013)
I worked as an event organizer that brought internationally-acclaimed performer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. We had a nearly sold out show in the Patriot Center in Vienna, VA. Responsibilities included promotion, logistics, and assisting VIPs.
AWARDS CEREMONY (2015)
I served as the organizing lead for an awards ceremony in Washington, DC. I was responsible for securing the Lisner Auditorium, drafting and finalizing the event’s program, delegating tasks to a team of 30, serving as a liaison between the organization and the venue, and presenting awards. The event sold out the auditorium (1,200+ seats) and was met with high acclaim.
RAAS CHAOS/BHANGRA BLOWOUT (2010)
Raas Chaos and Bhangra Blowout are dance competitions representing two of the dance disciplines in India. I served as Media Director for the host organization, providing promotional and multimedia materials, as well as on-site logistics and technical support.
This was Foggy Bottom’s first food truck festival, bringing in caterers of all nationalities and cuisine. I worked on securing sponsorship, designing promotional material, and handling the budget and contracts for the event.
VARIOUS UNIVERSITY STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS (2008-2012)
Over 100 events planned
- Brainstormed event ideas and created proving the feasibility of event concepts
- Worked with organization treasurer to secure funding for event logistics
- Signed contracts with various venues for event space
- Secured financial sponsors and enabled sponsor promotion within event
- Created event itineraries, organizing the timelines of featured acts or segments within event
- Recruited performers for various events, often signing contracts with management and labels, and abiding by contract guidelines
- Delegated event tasks to other team members as needed
- Run all day-of activites for event, including setup, during-event logistics, and all post-event clean up
- Debrief team members and lead post-event discussions and reflections for strategizing future events